For this recipe I grabbed whatever veggies I was in the mood for, so feel free to substitute or add your favorites, like snap peas or eggplant.
I strongly recommend using organic produce. They are more nutrient dense and tend to pack more flavour than their conventionally grown counterparts.
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tbsp grated ginger
1 onion, diced
5 cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
2 small (or 1 large) pepper (try to choose a contrasting colour for presentation)
2 med carrots. diced
½ medium sweet potato – I cut mine into matchsticks. Bite sized chunks work as well.
1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks
1 can (400 g) organic coconut milk
1 pkg (50g) Asian House Gourmet green curry paste OR 2 ½ tbsp of green curry paste of your choice
**water if needed
- Heat the coconut oil in pan on medium, until the oil glistens.
- Add onions, garlic & ginger. Stir. Salt to taste. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent.
- Add all of the veggies to the pot. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add curry paste. Stir well making sure to coat the veggies evenly with the paste.
- Add chicken breast. Cook for 5 mins, stirring frequently.
- Add ½ can of coconut milk. If the chicken and veggies aren’t covered in liquid add ¼ of water at a time until the ingredients are just barely covered.
- Cover and simmer pot for 15 mins or until chicken is cooked, and the sweet potato is soft.
- Stir in the rest of the coconut milk. Taste and season with sea salt if necessary.
- serve over your choice of , rice (jasmine would go best), quinoa or soba noodles….or really anything that would taste good smothered in curry 🙂