I love spice, salt and all things gooey. So naturally, I fell in love with this recipe from the get go. It checks so many boxes: crunchy, salty, bacon-ey, and gooey… What else could you ask for?
This recipe is super low-carb/keto and can be eaten as a snack, or with a big ol’ salad for an awesome meal. With only four ingredients we couldn’t ask for a simpler Delight.
All the ingredients are star ingredients in this recipe!
Bacon – Provides smoky flavour, fat and some protein.
*choose the best quality option available/ i choose antibiotic free
Jalapenos – Bring the heat! Capsaicin is a compound found in jalapeno that has plenty of health benefits including the ability to increase basal metabolic rate
Cream + cheddar cheese – Little to no carbs and protein!
12 Jalapenos (small/medium sized)
1 cup cream cheese, softened
1 pkg (375g) bacon
¾ cup (55oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
½ tsp salt
- Put cream cheese in a bowl and set aside to come to room temperature + shred cheddar cheese. Put to the side.
- Remove the stem from jalapenos, split in ½ and remove ribs and seeds. Set aside some of the ribs and seeds to chop up and add to the cheese mix.
- Mix cream + cheddar cheese + salt in a bowl. Mince the desired amount of jalapeno ribs and seeds and add to the cheese mixture.
- Fill jalapeno halves with cheese mixture.
- Cut bacon strips in ½ and wrap around each halved jalapeno. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 mins. If bacon doesn’t look crisped, put in the oven for an additional 2 mins.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Please comment and let me know what you think!